Leeds Mind Peer Support are launching: Prism

leeds-community-foundationPrintleeds-mind-logo

Peer Support Group Works

Peer-led learning

A new project developing mental health peer support group work for people who identify as LGBT+.

Leeds Mind has received a Leeds Fund: Strategic Grant, in association with Asda Foundation, to run Prism, a new series of mental health-focused skills courses, workshops and support groups for people living in Leeds who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender. These groups will give you the chance to:

• Meet others with similar experiences,
  • Share your experiences in a safe and supportive space,
  • Develop skills to help you manage your mental health and wellbeing

Why not come along to one of our ‘Introduction to Group Work’ sessions to give it a go and find out more?

The two sessions below are open to anyone who identifies as LGBT+:

Thursday 23rd March (10:30am-13:00pm), Clarence House, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4LB

OR

Wednesday 29th March (16:30-19:00pm) ‘The Middle Floor’,Wharf Chambers, Leeds city centre

The final session is open to anyone who identifies as trans/non-binary:

Wednesday 5th April (2pm-5pm) at MESMAC, Leeds city centre

You can book your place by contacting us on 0113 305 5803 or emailing                        peersupport@leedsmind.org.uk.

Asda-Foundation-NEW

Silviya Lewin

I work in international student recruitment and over the few years at York St John University, I have undertaken various roles with international focus. I have always been keen on being involved with the wellbeing of students in general, but particularly international students, as in terms of cultural transition, they have so much to overcome. I was involved with Equality and Diversity at York St John Students’ Union during my undergraduate studies, and this interest has transferred to my work, as I am now one of the University’s Equality Champions. LGBT+ topics and the community are very close to my heart. I am a proud Stonewall Ally and feel very passionate about supporting my LGBT+ colleagues and friends, as well as the wider LGBT+ community.

You may also like...