“Equally Blessed” LGBT & Faith Panel

Aviva Pride would like to invite you to join them at their Wellington row office in York for an event in celebration of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia (IDAHoBiT).

Equally Blessed, Faith and LGBT panel event – 16:30 to 18:30 Wednesday the 17th of May, Aviva Wellington Row Office, 6th floor Dining room (report to reception on arrival).

Join Aviva Pride in hosting three LGBT-allied leaders of faith, as they invite them to share their experiences and challenges supporting local religious and gay communities. Our confirmed invitees are:

Philip Cochrane – LGBT inclusive Vicar of St. Marys Banbury church and self-confessed political geek.

Leonora Wassall – The Rainbow Reverend.  Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Minister for Leeds Methodist District.aviva

And last but not least, Canon Michael Smith – Resident Canon of York Minster. Michael blesses the York Pride parade each year and has tackled criticism from another vicar for doing so.

Free refreshments and networking will follow the panel Q&A. This is a completely free event and all are welcome, whether you are of faith, not of faith, straight, Ally or LGBT+.

Please use this link to sign-up!

If you have any questions about the event please feel free to email either Rob Gardner (robert.gardner@aviva.com) or Judith Grange(judith.grange2@aviva.com).

Aviva Pride Logolink   stonewall

Silviya Lewin

I work in international student recruitment and over the few years at York St John University, I have undertaken various roles with international focus. I have always been keen on being involved with the wellbeing of students in general, but particularly international students, as in terms of cultural transition, they have so much to overcome. I was involved with Equality and Diversity at York St John Students’ Union during my undergraduate studies, and this interest has transferred to my work, as I am now one of the University’s Equality Champions. LGBT+ topics and the community are very close to my heart. I am a proud Stonewall Ally and feel very passionate about supporting my LGBT+ colleagues and friends, as well as the wider LGBT+ community.

You may also like...