Thank you to Sophie Lake for letting us know about this excellent opportunity for Literature and Creative Writing Students!
“I’m writing to you with an exciting opportunity for students at York St John University to showcase their writing talent to wider audiences, further their involvement in the literary world, develop their critical thinking skills and enhance their creative practice.
Submissions are currently open for the Aesthetica Creative Writing Award. Hosted by the UK’s leading art and culture publication, Aesthetica Magazine, the Award celebrates excellence in Poetry and Short Fiction writing, supporting and nurturing new writing talent.”
There are two entry categories: Poetry and Short Fiction. Works previously published are accepted and there are no limitations on themes. Submissions close 31 August.
- £1,000 for each winner (Poetry and Short Fiction)
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology
- Consultation with Redhammer (Short Fiction Winner)
- Full Membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Granta subscription and books courtesy of Vintage and Bloodaxe
Group Entry Offer: Save 25% on Submissions
Students are a huge part of what makes the Creative Writing Award so enriching and successful, with opportunities to develop critical thinking, creative practice and generate academic discussion.
We’re offering educational institutions the chance to Save 25% on submissions when entering 10 or more works.
- Costs per entry: Poetry £9 | Short Fiction £13.50. Offer ends 5 April.
Please contact Sophie@aestheticamagazine.com for further details or to request an invoice CLICK HERE.