We are pleased to announce that the Aesthetica Creative Award is now Open for Entries.
The prize is an annual event, now in its 12th year, awarded by the international art and culture publication Aesthetica Magazine.
Celebrating excellence in Poetry and Short Fiction, the Creative Writing Award is a platform for emerging and established poets and writers to showcase their work to an international audience. The award presents a fantastic opportunity for students at York St John University to further their involvement in the literary world in preparation for their graduate career.
Creative Writing Award Prizes include:
- £1,000 for each winner (Poetry and Short Fiction)
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- Consultation with Redhammer (Short Fiction Winner)
- Full Membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- One year subscription to Granta
- Selection of books courtesy of Bloodaxe and Vintage
Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines and Short Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words. Works previously published are also accepted and you may enter as many times as you wish. Entries are open until 31 August 2018. Submit at: www.aestheticamagazine.com/creative-writing-award