The implementation of the YSJ framework is intended to be a two year process. Subject Directors were asked to return completed ILTAFs with their Annual Monitoring Returns during the 15/16 cycle i.e. they were returned at the end of November 2016.
Each subject area was asked to rate their practice (in 2015/16) and identify existing practice for areas which they rated themselves 4-5 on the rating scale. A consideration of actions going forward was required for any areas in which a score of 3 or below was given.
The ILTAF working group will be analysing the returns during December 2015 – January 2016 and contacting subject areas to discuss how we will operationalise action planning.
Timetable of activity at York St John University
- Checklist of inclusive teaching and learning practice published by SFE – October 2014
- Task and finish group organised within YSJ – meets 3x to discuss implications and way forward January, February, March 2015
- ESEC proposals submitted and approved – March 2015
- SFE/BIS checklist circulated to FESECs for dissemination and feedback April – June 2015
- ILTAF working group set up (Mike Wray, Student Services, Marije Davidson, Registry, Rebecca O’Loughlin, Academic Development Directorate) – July 2015
- ESEC paper with BIS inclusive teaching and learning proposals – November 2015
- YSJ draft ILTAF circulated to programme leads for comments/feedback – January 2016
- ESEC approval of ILTAF – June 2016
- QSC approval of ILTAF as part of AMR – June 2016
- ILTAF circulated by Dean of Quality – October 2016