Hello world!

My name is Megan and I am currently studying Education Studies with special needs at university.

I have given myself a news year resolution to try out a new hobby so here I am starting up a blog and giving it a shot (fingers crossed it goes well). My first blogs are about the future of education and technology but if they go well then I will be blogging about a range of topics! There are many definitions of technology but the Collins Dictionary (2018) sums it up nicely by saying it ‘refers to methods, systems, and devices which  are the result of scientific knowledge being used for practical purposes’. In comparison the definition of education is that it ‘involves teaching people various subjects, usually at a school or college, or being taught’ (Collins Dictionary, 2018).

Education has always fascinated me and I have experience of technology usage within lectures and assignments. My interest with this topic was peaked when I watched a Dragons Den episode and a teacher was pitching a feedback device that printed out responses as a way of saving time. I thought it was a genius idea and decided to explore other ways technology can make education that bit easier. With a dive towards a digital age it is no surprise that technology and education have become collaborative. Look out for my next blog which focuses on what the future holds for technology.