MPEC 2020 is the second conference for the study of Music Production & Technology pedagogy. MPEC seeks to provide a forum for the discussion and analysis of teaching and learning in music production & technology in Further and Higher Education.
The conference will offer lively debate and stimulating presentations, which will address issues of the place of music production within the broader context of the performing arts sector, research and professional communities.
This second conference benefits from a partnership with the Perspective On Music Production series of books with Routledge*. A proceedings book will be published in mid-2021 with selected chapters from the conference (*subject to contract).
- Professor Carola Boehm Staffordshire University. Carola pioneered the pedagogical analysis of the music technology higher education sector with her highly cited paper “The discipline that never was: current developments in music technology in higher education in Britain’ published in 2007.
- TBC –
Who should attend?
- Lecturers and teachers
- Researchers in music technology and music education
- Technical support staff
- Industry specialists who are working/looking to work in education
- Freelancers in industry and/or education
- Students interested in music technology and production education
Further details of the programme of events and keynote speakers will be available shortly on the conference website: www.musicproductioneducation.co.uk