About me

My name is Olivia Sutcliffe, I’m 21 and I am currently a third year student at York St John university; wanting to go into a postgraduate in applied theatre when I finish university. I have always had a passion for the arts industry; I have always loved to perform. It was only when I came to York St John that I discovered drama therapy; this was the beginning of my passion in this field being ignited. 

I am truly passionate in working closely with different communities through drama workshops, bettering individuals lives through the use of drama workshops. Mental health would be the main sector that I want to specialise in. I want to create a safe space for participants to come to; where they can purely do drama and not have any other obstacles in there way. I want these communities to be able to express themselves freely; working creatively alongside a group of other participants.

Throughout my time at York St John university, I have learnt a lot about where I see myself in the arts industry. I see myself working with the community; creating a piece of theatre that means something to them and benefits there life in a positive way. I want to be apart of changing communities lives for the better; through theatre. 

You need to add a widget, row, or prebuilt layout before you’ll see anything here. 🙂