Meet the Team – Chris!

Seven stories paddington bear

Hi! I’m Chris and I’m in my second year studying Primary Education at YSJ. I write for this blog to procrastinate from other university work… and develop professionally of course.

I chose to come to YSJ after having a much friendlier and productive interview than anywhere else I’d been to – sky rocketing it straight up to the top of my list. Getting to live in York is a big bonus too. I’m very pleased to say I’ve never looked back or doubted my choice to come here!

My main interest lies in Science and in teaching through practical, investigative methods that get children up and active and discussing with each other. In most of my lessons I try to do something a little different or unusual to make it interesting, and I hope to occasionally share some of the weird ideas I try through this blog.

Outside of uni and teaching I’m often catching up on various tv dramas or struggling to learn the piano/ukulele. Video games come in there somewhere too. If you want to get in touch my twitter is @Chris_YSJ

(the photo is me as/with Paddington Bear on the 2nd year SOTS placement!)

Chris Powley

I chose to come to YSJ after having a much friendlier and productive interview than anywhere else I’d been to – sky-rocketing it straight up to the top of my list. Getting to live in York is a big bonus too. I’m very pleased to say I’ve never looked back or doubted my choice to come here!

Outside of uni and teaching I’m often catching up on various tv dramas or struggling to learn the piano/ukulele. Video games come in there somewhere too.

If you want to get in touch my twitter is @Chris_YSJ

You may also like...