Meet the Team – Tom

Thomas Acaster - Pro Pic 1Hi, my name is Tom, I am a second year Primary Education student at York St John University. I really enjoy gaming, which is something I find quite relaxing. I also thoroughly enjoy reading, particularly Science Fiction! I also particularly enjoy running and exercising to stay healthy!

Why did I choose York St John University?

I chose York St John University because I absolutely loved the campus. Its location, size, and appearance were all really appealing to me and really stuck out to me when I visited. The location was also of particular importance to me. It was close to the town with a lot of pubs in the nearby area as well as shops, and it was a beautiful location, so that really helped persuade me.

Why did I choose to study at York St John University?

I chose York St John because I loved how small the campus was, and how near to the centre it is located. To get into the city centre it takes me about 10 minutes to walk from my house- perfect for shopaholics like me! I also loved the atmosphere of the campus when I visited. The friendliness of staff also really appealed to me. York is a great city with lots to do, whether it be going to the cinema or catching up with friends in the local bar.

What do you like about York St John University?

The atmosphere of the university is something I really love. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help out, which is very helpful, especially in stressful situations. Both Staff and students are helpful and informative and that’s something that makes York St John stand out for me.

What are your aspirations?

My main aspiration is to become a primary school teacher. In particular mathematics and PE are key focuses of mine, as I always struggled with them at Primary School. I’d also like to increase awareness of charities throughout school and also Additional Educational Needs (AEN)

If you have any questions about York St John or student life then please comment below, it would be great to hear from you!

TOM ACASTER

Hi, my name is Tom, I am a second year Primary Education student at York St John University. I really enjoy gaming, which is something I find quite relaxing. I also thoroughly enjoy reading, particularly Science Fiction, although I don’t to a particular topic! I also particularly enjoy running and exercising to stay healthy!

I chose York St John University because I absolutely loved the campus. Its location, Size, and appearance were all really appealing to me and really stuck out to me when I visited. The location was also of particular importance to me. It was close to the town with a lot of pubs in the nearby area as well as shops, and it was a beautiful location, so that really helped persuade me. On a larger scale its very close to my hometown of Ripon so that was also great for me!

Meet the Team – Amy
Amy

My name is Amy, I am a second year Primary Education student at York St John University. I enjoy going to circuit training and staying fit and healthy. I also enjoy walking my dog, family holidays and days out. I find these very relaxing!

What are your aspirations?

My main aspiration is to become a primary school teacher. In particular mathematics and PE are key focuses of mine, as I always struggled with them at Primary School. I’d also like to increase awareness of charities throughout school and also AEN.

You may also like...