Submit an abstract for a presentation or poster by 20th April, 2015
The conference will give an opportunity to share practice and experiences of universities in teaching and researching social entrepreneurship and business for social purposes. Meet and interact with delegates from 4 continents. Participants so far confirmed from the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Canada, Cuba, Colombia, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Spain, UK, Uruguay. It will be held at York St John University, in the centre of York.
Benefits of participating:
- Learn about the ‘social and solidarity economy’ in Latin America and the role of universities in this.
- Learn about best practices in curriculum design
- Take part in learning workshops about crowdfunding and facilitative leadership.
- Meet representatives from the British Council, UK and Canada and the European Union policy officer for higher education and innovation.
- Meet people involved in running social enterprises in the York area, in a social enterprise fair.
- Meet people from universities worldwide to explore potential strategic partnerships for projects and bids for funding.
- Contacts among delegates with similar interests will be fostered before the start of the conference.
- Visit the beautiful and historic city of York, with its Roman, Viking and medieval history all around.
The conference will be held in English and Spanish, with interpretation and people on hand to facilitate your conversations with colleagues from English/Spanish speaking countries! A limited amount of accommodation is available on campus at affordable prices.
We hope to see you there on 1st Sept!