Alumination

Shining a light on alumni and how you can support our students

Laura Jenkinson – Vice Principal

Vice Principal

Class of 2001

Theology and Religious Studies with English Literature

If you studied your undergraduate programme at York St John University or founder colleges, did you go on to postgraduate study?

Yes, somewhere else.

4 people standing outside of York Minster in graduation caps and gowns. The second to the right is Laura.

Why have you chosen this photo as your YSJ snapshot?

This is our Graduation photo and a picture from our Summer ball. We had so many wonderful times and memories , but these were the highlight.

What are your fondest memories of York St John University?

The city of York is a beautiful place to study and I have returned so many times and still can find memories of 20 years ago. The college has grown so much but still retains that feeling of being somewhere that you can be known and feel like a home from home.

Why did you choose York St John University or founder colleges?

When I came to an open day, it just felt right for me. Not too big and right in the centre of the town. The course was just what I wanted and I had the largest Collection of Theological books in the country at that time.

What have you been doing since completing your studies?

I went to Leeds to complete a PGCE in English Literature and Drama. I then returned back to my hometown of Nottingham and began my teaching career. I am now 20years qualified and a Vice Principal of a large secondary 11-18 school.

What one piece of advice would you give to a current student, or one about to graduate?

Make all your decision by listening to what your gut tells you and trust that everything happens for a reason.

Next Post

Previous Post