Mojo Task – Bronte on Femme Magazine

I decided to do a mobile journalism piece on my friend Bronte’s magazine ‘Femme’. This was an artefact I produced by myself, doing the filming, sound, editing etc, which meant I got the experience of doing the whole process by myself which is essential when an opportunity for mobile journalism comes up. One health and safety problem I encountered was filming next to roads but to overcome this I ensured that when filming we were on the path and both myself and the interviewee were safe when we came into contact with roads and passing/stationary vehicles.

I wanted to achieve an easy-to-watch minute-long video which gave a bit of information about what the magazine involved and some of the background as to how it got up and running. “Mobile devices and social media allow journalists to strengthen their connections with the public and ultimately better serve them.” (Adornato, A (2018). Mobile and Social Media Journalism)

I learnt the many ways of editing with iMovie with this task, which is ideal for mobile journalism. “It’s an easy-to-use app for video stories that require a combination of visuals and audio tasks.” (Adornato, A (2018). Mobile and Social Media Journalism)

Using iMovie meant I could easily edit my artefact, making it look professional and interesting for an audience of fashion lovers and young people, due to the format of the production. “It might be a very general audience – people with all sorts of backgrounds and interests, or it might be very clearly defined.” (Bull, A (2016). Multimedia Journalism A Practical Guide.)

Bibliography

Adornato, A (2018). Mobile and Social Media Journalism. London: Sage. p4-107.

Bull, A (2016). Multimedia Journalism A Practical Guide. 2nd ed. Oxon: Routledge. p15.