Illustration

Blog, Illustration, York St John University

Harrie Roe

Summary 

Set in the present day, a schizophrenic scientist named Baxter Pavlov becomes power hungry and turns his hate towards humanity for being stupid and predictable. He sets out to create a new form of drug that when ingested, a mask (presented below) grows onto the victims face, changing their fate forever. The mask infects the brain, forcing the host to loose control and force the drug onto the next dupe. In the following month, ninety percent of the world is now under Baxter’s control. The news has spread over all media, the governments collapsed and the common man is fighting for survival. Earth has ceased to exist and therefore has became HTRAE.

Terra Two

I think that overall my work has a continuous, compelling  story and is a creative and unique way to introduce terra two. My planning was long and through, giving me guidelines to follow thought-out my journey to the finished result. For the completed artwork, I used procreate which allowed me to use block colours and precision to draw in the audience in and create images to the story, therefore making illustrations that line up with the story. I think that the images go hand in hand with the story summary and explains the narrative well. The mask that was made out of clay and painted using acrylic colours look like the drawings and creates a reality to the story. I enjoyed this task and think that it was well put together. My overall product made me happy and proud to present as it displayed my skills in digital drawing whilst also showing my story telling assets. I also shown my potential to work with different materials such as clay and paint to work together efficiently. 

If I were to revisit this brief, I would create weapons for the army of masked people. I think this would’ve gave the story more depth and added to the sc-fi element of the process. I would’ve also liked to create more concept art, but this show the army taking over the world and draw some action shots to give the story more depth. I think the story is good, however, I could’ve gone into more detail about the destruction of the world and how the Earth ceased to exist, therefore creating Htrae. I would’ve also liked to explore different media and tools to create different effects for the devastation of the dystopia world.  

Next Post

Previous Post