Case Study: Delivering Webinars Using BigBlueButton
Here in the TEL team, we frequently see success stories of York St John tutors integrating technology into their teaching, and we like to share that good practice as much as possible. To that end, we are gathering a series of case studies from colleagues who have used a technology enhanced learning tool or approach to enhance their students’ learning. The case studies – written by the staff member who implemented the new TEL approach – detail:
- The aim of implementing the change or approach
- The benefits to students
- A description of the new approach
- The outcome (including any challenges encountered by staff and/or students)
- The tutor’s plans for future development
- And recommendations for anyone else considering adopting the approach/technology
Our first case study is by Robert Avery from the Faculty of Health & Life Sciences, who used the BigBlueButton system to deliver a blended programme to off-campus students.
If you would like to know more about using BigBlueButton, or explore other TEL approaches to blended learning, you can contact us at TEL@yorksj.ac.uk.
If you have implemented a new TEL approach and would like to contribute a similar case study, we’d love to hear from you too.