Learn with Lynda: Teacher Tech Tips Weekly
This Lynda.com course is slightly different to others we have suggested in the past, as it changes every week with an added tool or ed-tech tip. It’s the type of course you can dip in and out of and pick and choose what is most useful to you. Some of the tools and topics covered include:
- Lessons on TED Ed: Find or create video lessons
- Using Actions in Keynote or PowerPoint: Give engaging presentations using actions
- Staying Organized: How to use Pocket to save and access content
- Improving Class Communication and Digital Citizenship with Twitter: Four ways to use Twitter with your students
- Display information with Microsoft Sway
- Photos for class: Creative Commons images for education
As well as plenty of tips for using certain technologies with your students, some of the weekly installments can help with your own digital capability and productivity, such as ‘Understand your browser’s features’, ‘Manage to-do lists with Wunderlist’ or ‘Organise subscription emails with Unroll.Me’. There’s even a section on taking time for Mindfulness!
Many of the tools covered are either free or are ‘freemium’, which means you can sign up to use a tool for free, but with limitations on some of the features unless you sign up for a paid-for package.
Teacher Tech Tips Weekly [Lynda.com course]
Don’t forget to let us know what you think of the course! Was it helpful? Will any of the tools showcased in the course be relevant to your context? Are you already using some of them? Don’t forget to check back over this course to keep up to date with the weekly additions. If you want to contact the TEL team to discuss your ideas, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Did you know? You can integrate your lynda.com course completion certificates with your LinkedIn profile – and share the skills and knowledge you’ve acquired. Simply ‘Share’ your certificate of completion and select ‘Post to LinkedIn profile’!