Writing test

I had a writing assessment and a listening assessment this week. I had to read a essay topic before the writing test so I spent much time on reading the topic carefully and taking notes. And I found many vocabularies I do not know therefore I also  spent time to checked the meaning of these vocabularies. I thought I could prepare for the writing assessment well. However, after the writing test I noticed that my preparation was worse and I should take more time to understand deeply. In addition, I did watch TED talk only one time before the listening test but it is enough. People speak natural speed in a lecture but it is difficult for me to listen all vocabularies now. I think I need to watch many lectures or TED talk and I have to get a skill of good taking note. Therefore I am going to engage on watching these videos at home.

I am going to take a reading test and a speaking test next week. In the pre reading test, I realised that I have many vocabularies I do not understand well. So I will answer some questions on moodle and check the meaning if I found the vocabularies I do not know before the reading test. Moreover, I have to prepare my presentation individually for couple of days. I realise that I need much time to make a presentation because I always spend much time on making slides and structures. I will be searching some issues in detail to be able to  answer the people’s questions, therefore I want to make my plans before searching and use library effectively. In addition, I feel nervous when I speak in front of an audience and I often read my paper during my presentation. I think it is important to practice my own presentation many times so I will make cards which is only written keywords and practice my speaking at home.