Alumination

Shining a light on alumni and how you can support our students

Tanya Davis – Send and Inclusion Advisory Teacher

Send and Inclusion Advisory Teacher

Class of 1999

Theology and Education QTS

If you studied your undergraduate programme at York St John University or founder colleges, did you go on to postgraduate study?

Yes, somewhere else.

Why have you chosen this photo as your YSJ snapshot?

This image of me was created by Nick Sharrat when he visited the school I was teaching in. It represents just one of the many memorable and fun experiences a career in Education has given me.

What are your fondest memories of York St John University?

My time at St John’s was literally the best four years of my life. It was a time of growing when I developed my independence, my opinions and a thirst for knowledge which I still have.

I have many fond memories, from my time in halls at Heworth Croft to my three years living at the Grange. St John’s have left s huge imprint in my heart, shaping the person I am today and giving ne the best lifelong friendships I could ask for.

Why did you choose York St John University or founder colleges?

My choice was simple: the location was beautiful, the course interesting and the distance from home enough to help me develop my independence.

Who wouldn’t want to study at Lord Mayors walk? It’s beautiful!

What have you been doing since completing your studies?

I graduated in 1999 and started my primary teaching journey the same year. I moved back to my home city of Durham where I taught in Primary for 23 years. During this period, I took on the role of SENCO, looked After lead and a role on the senior leadership team. This year, I took a move out of the classroom and now I’m an advisory teacher for Durham local authority.

What one piece of advice would you give to a current student, or one about to graduate?

Enjoy every moment, seize every opportunity, go beyond your comfort zone and live every experience.

Next Post

Previous Post