SU Election

While producing the student union election video in groups, we were all included in the planning process. This included the types of angles we were going to shoot and the order in which we were going to ask and conduct the interview, this allowed us to manage our production time effectively and ensure that we are able to film what we need to so we can produce the best election video we can without missing any key shots.

During the editing process I had to follow a specific beginning and end sequence which has to be included in the election video. Due to this demand I had a lot more time to focus on the context and shots that I can use in the video, this provided the group the ability to stage the interview video in the style and way we want giving us a sense of freedom. As each election video had to include subtitles I had to choose carefully what answers I wanted to include to give the candidates the best chance at winning their chair in the election.

I gained inspiration for how I structured the election video by watching past videos that have been produced for the previous three years of election videos that have been produced in the past. This gave me the inspiration to edit and structure my student union film to follow a similar structure of a professional structure that will inspire and encourage the viewers to vote for the candidate that I helped produce the video for.