York-Where to go!

Moving to a new city is incredibly exciting but also rather daunting! When I first moved to York only 4 weeks ago, I thought I’d never settle in and know my way round. However, now I could tell you all the best places to go; whether that’s for a night out, shopping or just a cafe! 

Sightseeing!

York Minster:

York Minster is almost 1400 years old and it stands in the centre of York. You can see it from any corner of York due to its size and amazing architecture. On a night out it is the Minster that allows us to find that we are almost home as it stands only round 10 minutes away from campus. 

York City Walls:

York City Walls put York on the map. They were built in around 71 AD by the Romans as a defence for their forts. Although some of the walls were knocked down by the Victorians, most of it was saved and tourists are able to still walk along them today. At just over 2 miles, the wall takes the maximum of two hours to walk. As well as being a key part of York’s history, the walk along the city walls allow you to quickly cross the city while seeing the stunning views. 

York Museum Gardens: 

York Museum Gardens is a stunning landscape which lies behind York Museum. It allows an escape from the busy city life as you can sit back and relax or explore the amazing nature.