The tutorial of writing test

There was an opotunity to take a tutorial class on Wednesday.In Japan, we do not recieve an advice from a tutor individualy. So, that was my first experience of tutorial. I could spend this time very useful. I could recieve many feedbacks and I could notice what was wrong.
In this writing test, I could not make enough score to pass the examination. I could imagine this result because I was not fully prepared. Actually, I tried to understand the whole texts which we recieved in preveous day. I made a note of summeries of each papers and I tried to make sure if the autor stand on positive side or negative side. However, that was not needed to do. Of course understand the texts is important but the most seriouse problem was that I did not understand how to make each part of the essay.
In my essay, there was no structures. In introduction, there was no popose of writing and limitation of discussion which i needed to write in introduction. Also, I tried to paraphrase the first sentence which was definition of key terms, that was not needed. I did not understand how to write both introduction and conclusion. In conclusion, despite conclusion need to be brief, I wrote only two sentences and that was not enough to summarize whole essay and make a good impression. These mistakes happend because my preparation was not enough. I tried to understand the whole context and I noted summaries of each papers and I prepared words to paraphrase. However, I did not understand how to write each introduction, main body and conclusion so that I could not make good structure in my essay.
In addion, I did not use time for planning. This is because I did not want to waste my time to write the essay. However this idea was completely wrong. Through the tutorial, I noticed how planning is important in essay writing.
We will have the writing examination on Tuesday. To make good structure in my essay, I need to study again what kind of information good introduction or paragraph includes.