Audio/Podcast Task

Here is my podcast-style interview, where I spoke to my friend, and now Police Officer about the process you have to go through in order to join the Police Service. 

Statement:

For this task I had a chat with one of my friends about the process of joining the Police service. This was another individually produced task which did pose some issues. I found using the shotgun microphone awkward without the help of a sound operator for this task. As can be heard from the audio, since I had to move the mic back and forth to whomever was speaking, it meant that on occasion when I spoke a bit more spontaneously, it was much more quiet than when I directly addressed the microphone at the start and end of the recording. As a result of this it meant that the final edit of this audio turned out to be more of a formal, question and answer video than the casual chat that it had started out as. So this would definitely had been made easier had I asked another person to pay specific attention to the sound. Another solution would have been to better plan my interview and have some sort of stand, or other solution in place ready to make the recording easier. This then shows how there definitely some cases where working in a group has its benefits, as this might have allowed someone to help out with the audio, or to just spot my oversight earlier than I had done.

Bibliography:

Bull, Andy (2016) Multimedia Journalism A practical Guide, Second ed, Abingdon, Routledge.