Top Posts from 2017 and Seasons Greetings from the TEL Team!
As we come towards the end of 2017, we’ve seen a lot of changes in the TEL Team over the last 12 months. Our new TEL Assistant, Suzy, has been settling in since May and one of our TEL advisors, Rosie, has left York St John. The team has been busy supporting staff with various TEL related projects this year.
This year we’ve published 75 posts on our blog in 2017, with 17,971 views from 10,213 unique visitors. March of this year saw the highest volume of traffic, which it seems is down to us running 10 Days of Twitter during that time.
At the time of writing, our 10 most popular posts in 2017 are as follows:
- Universal Design for Learning [written November 2015]
- Tracking Student Progress & Engagement in Moodle [written September 2014]
- Moodle: Creating Modules 17-18 [original post written June 2017]
- VLE Standards, Thresholds, Expectations & Baselines [written April 2015]
- What is a Personal Learning Network/Environment? [written May 2014]
- Moodle: Importing Content & New Minimum Standards Template 17-18 [written June 2017]
- TurnItIn: Submit & Evaluate PowerPoint [written May 2016]
- Moodle Feedback Activity for Mid-Module Evaluation [written October 2014]
- Moodle Monday: Creating Interactive Content with H5P [written October 2017]
- ePedagogy Models & Frameworks [written February 2015]
It’s interesting to see that the a lot of our most popular posts are more than a year old and it is likely that these posts will continue to remain popular because of traffic from search engines for terms such as ‘Universal Design for Learning’.
Most of our traffic comes from the UK (10,671 views), followed by the United States (3,078), Australia (447), India (407), Canada (381), Ireland (230) and Spain (162) but we have views from a grand total of 137 countries across the world!
A huge thank you to everyone who has viewed, commented on and shared our posts throughout the year. We look forward to working with many of you in 2018. Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year from the TEL Team! We are out of the office from the end of the day on Thursday 21 December until Wednesday 3 January 2018. We will be running some drop-in TEL surgeries in January for help with semester 2 Moodle sites or any other TEL queries, see our blog post for more details.