Welcome messages from our postgraduate alumni: Amy Wearmouth MA TESOL alumna and Student Researcher

Picture of Amy Wearmouth
Amy Wearmouth

I really enjoyed my Language and Linguistics MA because I got to explore some of my favourite areas in-depth while also being introduced to some new ones. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and couldn’t do enough for you. Their doors are always open if you want some support, whether it be academic or personal. If there’s something I would have liked to see more of it would be travel opportunities, but that’s simply because my BA programme at YSJ offered me so many and I simply had a thirst for more.

I was fortunate enough to help organise and present at our very own PFAL last year, as well as travel to London to attend and again present at my second consecutive ULAB conference. These experiences are invaluable in helping obtain skills and prepare for post-university life, whether you choose to carry on in academia or opt to go straight into the working world. They also stand out on your CV, too!

Amy Wearmouth

MA TESOL 2018/19