Welcome messages from our students: Andrew Hill, MA TESOL

Picture of Andrew Hill
Andrew Hill

Completing my MA in TESOL at YSJ was the best decision I could have made. My entire experience has been great. From my very first day, I felt welcomed by the staff and teachers and instantly felt that had I made the right decision to study here. Throughout the year I have learnt so much about applied linguistics, teaching and research, the teaching staff make their lessons engaging so our classes were both interesting and fun. Our cohort had a mixture of students from around the world, and I have made some amazing friends that I know I will have for life. We also had the chance to partake in extra-curricular activities, mainly organising a linguistics conference known as ‘PFAL’. Helping organise PFAL was a great experience for me, as I had the chance to learn valuable new skills whilst also using my pre-existing knowledge to help create the conference. Overall, my time studying at YSJ has been an amazing experience and I would highly recommend anyone who is interested in TESOL to apply for this MA program.

Andrew Hill
MA TESOL 2019/20