Partner Universities in Japan

Here you’ll find information, photos and testimonials on all of our partner universities in Japan.

Aichi Shukutoku University

“Courses provided online by the Centre for Japanese Language and Culture are great! There is only a small number of students so we have more opportunity to speak out in Japanese during classes.  Lecturers provide us with fascinating content which enables us to get in touch with “lively” Japanese through interviews with Japanese native speakers etc.”

Kobe City University of Foreign Studies

“I feel this programme is an amazing opportunity for those who are serious about learning Japanese, and though the programme is focused on improving our Japanese language abilities, you learn so much more. This year has been a truly wonderful experience, I am so grateful for the everlasting friends and memories.”

Kokugakuin University

“The activities are fun and informative, the teachers very knowledgeable and the staff friendly and helpful. The way the cultural exchange is designed promotes community spirit and you really feel like part of a family! On top of that the location also helps, you get the best starting location to explore Tokyo, and both campuses are gorgeous and fun to be at. Getting to experience university life in another country is a truly unique experience, and I loved every day of it!”

Kwansei Gakuin University

Kwansei Gakuin University is a leading comprehensive private university and 1 of the 37 Top Global Universities in Japan. It has 14 undergraduate schools and 14 graduate schools and more than students including more than 1,000 international students: Kwansei Gakuin University is proud of its over than 250 partner institutions overseas in 50+ countries, its Global alumni network of around 250,000 and its high job placement rates before graduation (No.1 among Japan’s comprehensive private universities).

Miyazaki International College

“MIC teachers are interested in the well-being of their students, and they are always willing to discuss subjects academic and personal with anyone. I often have a chance to talk privately with my teachers about learning, life, and how to achieve our far-reaching plans for the future. My MIC friends have made an impactful difference in my MIC experience. Some are driven towards hard work and diligence, others towards enjoying their freedom and play, while others find themselves comfortably in the middle. The best part of this variety is that we all learn a lot from each other and experience new things. I have greatly enjoyed my time at MIC, and I can’t believe it is already my second year. I’m looking forward to my next and final year, and am excited to see what it brings.”

Okayama University

“My Okadai experience became even more interesting when I found the Kendo club and immediately joined in with their daily training. Going through the EPOK course allowed me to follow my interest in Samurai Bushido; connecting it to my Kendo experience was a very unique task which I enjoyed every moment of.”

Rikkyo University

Students love their time at the College of Intercultural Communication, Rikkyo University. The university campus is beautiful. The teachers, staff, and friends they have met made it one of the greatest study abroad experiences.

Seinan Gakuin University

Seinan Gakuin University provides the best option as a study abroad destination, offering a safe, supportive and welcoming environment in which international students are taken care of. The campus is conveniently located in the city and the closest beach is within walking
distance.

University of Shiga Prefecture

“I felt warm and safe every time I saw teachers and the staff.”

“I enjoyed interacting with international students from various countries.”

“If I could turn back time, I would love to study at the University of Shiga Prefecture again!”

“It was one of the most important experiences in my life, and I will always remember it with affection.”

“Surrounded by beautiful nature and Lake Biwa, which is the biggest lake in Japan.”

Sophia University

“They have small seminar classes so you have a lot of interaction with your professors and it really facilitates learning”

“The classes are small and there are plenty of other exchange students to talk to. We sometimes, after class, go out together for drinks!”

Toyo University

“It is definitely a life-changing experience to study in one of the most exciting cities in the world. You can study in a peaceful education and culture area with easy access to famous tourist spots.”