Day-to-Day duties

I am aware that these post are meant to talk about my work experience, but this is my actual job and i will be sharing the good and bad, the beautiful and the ugly things that do happen.

I currently work in a care home in York as a receptionist/ administration assistant. Some of my duties include answering phone calls, exchange email with the mangers, help the communities within the building, invoices, enquiries and showrounds.

I usually start work at 9 am, as soon as i clock in, i need to turn all the electronics on such as: computer, printer, radio, make sure that the walkies talkies are working and fully charged (in case of any emergency), and lastly i open the doors.

The job is not a complicated one, but it does have its days. As soon as i am all setup i print out the residents list for the housekeeping staff and the allergy list for the kitchen staff.

Once all that is sorted, then i go and have a look around all 3 communities to find out whether we they are short staff, any hospital admissions or any incidents that i should know about that occurred during the night or early hours in the morning. While doing the checks between the floors, i also have to allocate a First Aider and Fire Marshall. Then i return to my desk at the front of the main entrance, and start to go through the newspapers and allocating it to the right bedrooms.

After all these things are done, I then have to send out the residents lists with any updates to all the managers and leads within the organisation. i then remain in contact with the managers, deputy manager and clinical leads throughout the day to maintain the communication flowing smoothly throughout the organization.