Update: NHS service review; Queerstion Time; study abroad
NHS sexual health service review
This Thursday at 15:00, the NHS are inviting members of the public to contribute their thoughts to a review of their sexual health service for men who have sex with men. For more information, contact Jake Furby: email@example.com or 07935 200 575.
Our LGBT-focused party-political debate Queerstion Time is taking place this Thursday at 18:30! We have nine of York’s general election candidates:
- Paul Abbott (UKIP, York Outer);
- James Blanchard (Liberal Democrats, York Outer);
- Ken Guest (UKIP, York Central);
- Nick Love (Liberal Democrats, York Central);
- Rachael Maskell (Labour, York Central);
- Robert McIlveen (Conservatives, York Central);
- Megan Ollerhead (TUSC, York Central);
- Joe Riches (Labour, York Outer);
- Ginnie Shaw (Green Party, York Outer).
Being LGBT and studying abroad
We’re holding an event in collaboration with the University of York on issues for LGBT students studying abroad. This is a follow-up to a joint event on working abroad that took place at the University of York last week. The focus is on studying abroad in countries where LGBT people are faced with criminalisation or hostility, including a look at how this can be managed and what measures can be put in place.
We’re looking for people to contribute their experiences, with the intention of informing policy and documenting best practice. We’re primarily looking for students (including PhD candidates), but we would welcome the staff perspective too.
The event will be held roughly 12:30-14:00 on Monday 27 April. To confirm attendance and to offer any contributions, contact Marije (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday 22 April.