NVivo Project: It’s a wrap!

AW_VV2015

Presenting at the international Value & Virtue in Practice-Based Research Conference on Wednesday 10 June was a great way to finish the project.  Ben and I presented at the morning parallel session and it was well received.  The slides can be found at Slideshare.

The project was originally created to gain a Masters degree, however, the experience for me ended up being more than that.  The process of conducting research, coding data with NVivo and then writing about researchers experiences with learning and using NVivo gave me a real insider view of participants and students experiences.  In my paper I talked about the importance of space for dialogue between people in different roles.  This was displayed in the project in discussion between myself and my supervisor, Ben and the participants.  More than that though it made me realise the different ‘hats’ we all wear and our changing roles in our professional lives.

Ben, in his role as research assistant funded by the Students as Researcher scheme here at YSJ was a valuable asset to the project and helped code the data using NVivo and was my ‘critical friend’ with my final paper. His experience with the two previous projects he had worked on under the same scheme and having just handing in his own dissertation was invaluable.

Roll on the next project…

a.webb

Annette has been an IT Trainer at York St John University since 2005 and is a Fellow of the HEA. She is one half of the Digital Training Team in Information Learning Services (ILS) who support staff and students at all levels on digital systems. Annette has recently completed a Masters degree and benefited from the experience of being a student in the 21st century. She has a keen interest in helping staff and students to use technology tools effectively. Annette is the primary contact for students and staff in the Faculty of Education & Theology and Health and Life Sciences.

You may also like...