Grades and Attendance

As a Student Researcher I get an opportunity to work on a project that relates a lot with the role I’ve been involved with the Students’ Union here at YSJ. It’s interesting how a research project develops and how it brings a change in difference of thinking in the person. This project is in its initial stages and is helping me learn how to write a literature review which will further help me in my 3rd year for the dissertation. There have been numerous researches around the correlation between student grades and attendance and being able to analyse that by myself, is amazing. It’s amusing how there are many different reasons that affect a student’s grade and attendance. This research has introduced me to aspects of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). VLE plays an important role in today’s university education; it is one of main channels of communication between tutors and students.

It’s interesting to discover the reasons behind student’s motivation to attend lectures; it’s very unlikely to be able to understand these hidden reasons behind it. And there is a very strong correlation between grades and attendance and the reasons that affect attendance certainly have a direct effect on grades.

In conclusion we can say that there are small steps that an institution can take in order to improve student engagement and attendance.

So keep attending and get good grades.

And check my blog too, link is below. Thank you.

http://theduffthoughts.weebly.com/

You may also like...