We’re awesome!

Awesome Network Logo Pink_minimal

Our LGBT Staff Network has been recognised by Inclusive Networks as one of their 100 Awesome Networks of 2015! Inclusive Networks is a new organisation which aims to raise the profile of networks in the UK across all diversity strands.

Network Chair Dr Fiona Thompson had this to say:

“To be recognised as an Awesome Network by Inclusive Networks is a reflection of the hard work, energy and dedication of a team of people who are truly awesome. I am proud to be part of the team and delighted that York St John University has been recognised in this way for the work it does to support and celebrate the diversity that is LGBT+.”

For more information, see the article on the York St John website and the second list of Awesome Networks on the Inclusive Networks website.

Next week, Inclusive Networks will release the shortlist for their inaugural Inclusive Networks Awards!

Andy Law

I’m the Secretary of the LGBT Staff Network. With the support of the Steering Group, I take a lead on coordinating the group’s activities, including liaising with a number of external organisations. I set up York LGBT History Month, have been involved in various capacities with York Pride and York LGBT Forum for the majority of my time in York, and jointly led the student group here as an undergraduate. I also act as Equality Champion for Registry, where I’m based in the Academic Quality Support team.

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. 3 September 2015

[…] We are already recognised as one of the top 100 Awesome Networks in 2015. […]