Jo Thompson named Network Champion of the Year!

Jo_award

Our very own Jo Thompson has been named Network Champion of the Year at the inaugural Inclusive Networks Awards! Jo was absolutely paramount to setting the Network up two/two-and-a-half years ago and has been a truly tremendous ally/champion ever since. She has put in an incredible amount of work as a member of the Network’s steering group and we wouldn’t be where we are now without her tireless efforts. The award is a great recognition of all this work!

WINNER LOGO_minimal

The Network was also highly commended in the Collaboration of the Year category for its work with the City of York Council and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation on the All Out conference held during York LGBT History Month 2015. We were also shortlisted in two other categories: Employee LGBT Network of the Year and Inspiring Member of the Year (Andy Law).

Huzzah!

Read more, including a quote from Network Chair Fiona, on the university’s news item.

Andy Law

I’m the Secretary of the LGBT Staff Network. With the support of the Steering Group, I take a lead on coordinating the group’s activities, including liaising with a number of external organisations. I set up York LGBT History Month, have been involved in various capacities with York Pride and York LGBT Forum for the majority of my time in York, and jointly led the student group here as an undergraduate. I also act as Equality Champion for Registry, where I’m based in the Academic Quality Support team.

You may also like...

17 Responses