Be You Gym — YSJActive — York St John University

Week commencing 4th June YSJActive are launching Be You Gym.  Be You Gym aims to create opportunities for members of the LGBTQ+ community to exercise in a welcoming environment. 

There are two Be You Gym sessions each week, these are:

Mondays, 19:00 – 20:00 for Transgender and Non-Binary people (starts 4th June).

Tuesdays, 19:00 – 20:00 for members of the LGBTQ+ Community (starts 5th June).

Sessions take place in the Fitness Suite located in the Foss Building at York St John University. Each session is £3.00 PAYG, or free for members of the Fitness Suite, and they are open to those aged 18 and over.  

Attendees are welcome to bring a workout buddy with them, buddy entry is £1.50, 1 buddy per attendee. Workout buddies do not have to identify as transgender or non-binary, or a member of the LGBTQ+ Community (depending on the session), but must be aged 18 and over. 

All attendees (including buddies) will be required to complete a short, confidential health questionnaire prior to exercising, more information and a copy can be found under the Be You Gym section on our website.   

#makesporteveryonesgame

Silviya Lewin

I work in international student recruitment and over the few years at York St John University, I have undertaken various roles with international focus. I have always been keen on being involved with the wellbeing of students in general, but particularly international students, as in terms of cultural transition, they have so much to overcome. I was involved with Equality and Diversity at York St John Students’ Union during my undergraduate studies, and this interest has transferred to my work, as I am now one of the University’s Equality Champions. LGBT+ topics and the community are very close to my heart. I am a proud Stonewall Ally and feel very passionate about supporting my LGBT+ colleagues and friends, as well as the wider LGBT+ community.

You may also like...