Unsure if counselling is for you? Here’s some feedback from previous people that have worked with us..

“My experience was positive, the staff were really helpful and took time to make sure I knew what forms to fill out, and when my counselling would be taking place.”

“My counselling experience has been outstanding. My therapist made me feel comfortable from the start. She was ready to adapt to my needs and made me feel able to express myself freely. She was an excellent listener and when she did ask me a question or prompt me to think more deeply, I was always able to do this without feeling any pressure. I went through the sessions feeling in control for the first time in many years.”

“My experience with the counselling was also really positive, my counsellor was really supportive, friendly and empathetic. I felt comfortable enough in sessions to talk through traumatic experiences with them and felt listened to and understood. Their approach of reflecting back what I’m saying and encouraging me to sit with my emotions has been transformative in how I approach dealing with problems day-to-day, and a lot of their techniques I intend to use on myself now that my counselling has come to an end.”

“At first, I did have some reservations regarding seeing a trainee counsellor… at the beginning I did feel hopeless and fearful that nothing would make me feel positive. Week after week we unpicked my worries and fears which gave me hope and perspective again… What I achieved during my sessions is a better understanding at what I want to achieve in life. I also feel more in control of my emotions and feelings. I now have a better understanding of who I am at this point in my life.”

If you would like to find out more about our Counselling Service please see our leaflet here: https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/media/content-assets/document-directory/documents/YSJ-CC-Counselling—A5.pdf

or self-refer here: https://yorksj.solvefit.co.uk/csr/

Counselling Experiences
Tagged on: