Update: OutWord Bound awards

OutWord Bound – a writing competition for school pupils aged 11-16 that ran throughout February, jointly organised by York LGBT History Month and York LGBT Forum – was a fantastic success! Entrants wrote about LGBT life in the form of fiction, non-fiction or poetry. LGBT Staff Network Chair Dr Fiona Thompson was one of judges, alongside a variety of people from across York.

In celebration, an awards ceremony will be held tomorrow evening in the boardroom at the Aviva building on Wellington Row. There will be free wine and food available from 17:30 and the ceremony itself will start at 18:00. No need to register.

Do come along to support some great young writers and LGBT school outreach work!

Andy Law

I’m the Secretary of the LGBT Staff Network. With the support of the Steering Group, I take a lead on coordinating the group’s activities, including liaising with a number of external organisations. I set up York LGBT History Month, have been involved in various capacities with York Pride and York LGBT Forum for the majority of my time in York, and jointly led the student group here as an undergraduate. I also act as Equality Champion for Registry, where I’m based in the Academic Quality Support team.

You may also like...

7 Responses