Update: join the York LGBT History Month team; gender study
York LGBT History Month – join the team!
York LGBT History Month are holding a meeting on Monday to elect volunteers to the following roles:
- Secretary (planning and minuting our meetings, dealing with general queries and supporting communication);
- Fundraising Coordinator (exploring potential funding from organisations and the community);
- Outreach Coordinator (developing ongoing engagement with and support of LGBT History Month initiatives in schools);
- Programme Coordinator (drafting programme copy and structure, keeping track of and pulling together event submissions and liaising with the programme designer);
- Publicity Coordinator (getting our message into the media by developing links and writing press releases);
- Social Media Coordinator (developing our social media presence and engagement) [could be joined with Website Coordinator];
- Website Coordinator (managing our website including its overall structure, design and content [could be joined with Social Media Coordinator];
- assistant coordinators (supporting our organisation in any way you can).
Undergraduate study on awareness of gender terminology
An undergraduate dissertation study at the University of York is exploring awareness of gender terminology (taking account of social group membership). You can help out by taking a survey in which you will be asked about your knowledge of specific terms.