Apple Fields

Applefields is a school that accepts a wide range of ability, so when working it is important to take into consideration the different levels in capability, I think this is a technique needed for every school as it helps fit to everyone’s strengths and weaknesses. My placement group came with a variety of strengths within learning disabilities; therefore it became crucial for all demands to be reached. I worked closely with a student who had mild learning disabilities and high achievements with exploring movements. This student had a bigger advantage when learning anything new as she was physically strong with her movement range as well as her intellectual skills, through her engagement I could see her passion for movement and helping others as she was always keen to demonstrate movements.   When dealing with a group that does not have the balance of equal abilities it can be known challenging to fit to everyone’s needs as well as seeing improvements, therefore having several colleagues to split the group up can be a way to help improve with the speed within developing their intellectual skills.

The knowledge I gained when working with Applefields has influenced the way I would teach dance as I am now more aware of the different abilities between all the students, and the importance of the process and experience gained from the session. This is what was shown most through the students at Applefelds they considered more help and time however, their process within dance grew the same as any other dance session when following out the same structure and process.   I sense that after my placement and the research to a variety of methods within teaching that I could deliver a class with the confidence and procedures needed, alongside a well descriptive lesson plan.