Curriculum Vitae

Terri Marie Scott

Profile

I am currently a third year student studying dance education and community at York st. John University, alongside this I am also working at The Gravers Care home, a recovery home for adults who suffer with mental health. I am someone who is outgoing and up for trying anything new to help gain my knowledge and expertise, my enthusiasm started from school as I took part in many activities and roles one of them being sports captain. This was a role that required good organisation and time management, which are two skills I follow confidently. Leading on to me now taking on a leading role to help support others that are in need. I am looking for a job in the challenging behavior industry so that I can offer my knowledge and experience to help children and young people achieve a future that best suits them.

Education and qualifications

Present                        York St. John University
                                       BA(Hons) dance, education and community

2010-2016                  Magnus Church of England Academy  

BTEC dance (D*D*D*) drama (D*DD)

5 GCSE; math’s (C) English (C) sciences (C) childcare (C) dance (A)

Employment

2015- Present       McDonalds- being able to work as a team to achieve set goals
                                   Organization skills 
                                   Dealing with customers
                                   working with speed to reach customers expectations
                                   Time management 

2014-2016             Dance teaching- responsible for looking after children aged 3-13.
                                  Trustworthy
                                  Dealing with several tasks at once
                                  Arranging events

2017-2017             Care workers
                                  Being responsible for someone else’s well-being
                                  Time management

2018-2019              The Gravers Care Home– Care worker, supporting residents financially                                         and Physically depends on their needs and mobility
                                   Preparing meals, and keeping on top of food and fluid charts

Work experience

Volunteer work for Beaumond House                  
I was invited to perform for a local charity that was involved in helping people with a range of disabilities to integrate into the community. After the performance I returned to teach and perform the dance alongside them, including people with social difficulties, hearing and sight problems. I found this both incredibly challenging and rewarding. Also I got to learn about their life style and the kind of things they do on a day to day bases.

Organizing a dance event at a care home
During my last year of school I was part of a team to organize a Christmas party for care homes. This included choreographing dances to put on a show for them, serving cakes.

McDonalds
This gave me the experience to work on till and deal with customers, following the vital ingredients. This restraint required fast speed followed by good customer service.

Care worker
This job came with a lot of responsibility, which was something I managed to achieve and reach up to.

The Gravers Care Home      
Being a career at this home came with the opportunity to work with adults who suffer with a variety of mental health issues, influencing them to be as independent as possible by prompting them with their hygiene, meals and financial issues. This would also include supporting some of the residents with their doctors or hospital appointments.I am also trained to do medication and would assist the residents with their medication at certain times.

Reference

Leanne Philips
Magnus c of e academy
Telephone: 07971718547

Mathew Pollack
McDonalds business manager
Telephone:  01636 610499

Rebecca Clutterbuck
Comfort call
Telephone: 01636 679467

Joanne Sellers
The Gravers Care Home
Telephone: 01904 645510